If you sell products, Pinterest is your new best friend. Recent studies reveal some interesting statistics for online retailers. Did you know that if you pin on Pinterest on a Saturday your product is more likely to go viral?
- Pinterest shoppers are 10% more likely to make a purchase than those arriving from other social sites.
- Traffic from Pinterest spends double the average from Facebook traffic. Pinterst orders average $80.
- The daily number of Pinterest users has increased by over 145% since Jan 1, 2012.
- 32% of online shoppers have made a purchase based on what they’ve seen on Pinterest.
- Pins with prices get 36% more likes than those without.
- Pinterest drives more traffic to online stores than Twitter.
- 59% percent of pinners are women between 25 and 40 years of age. Women make up 90% of the Pinterest population.
If you have an ecommerce store, adding a Pinterest button next to every product is now a must. To do add the price, just make sure you include it in the description. In this way a header will appear with the price over the pin.
With the holiday season around the corner, now is the time to make sure your ecommerce store is Pin ready. What results are you seeing from Pinterst?